Note: You appear
to be using a web browser that does not support current web standards.
Although this site has been designed to be usable in any browser, it
may not appear as intended. To upgrade your browser, go to http://www.mozilla.org/
Last Modified June 2011
AIES National Awards for Excellence
Nominations Close 31 December
AIES National Award Scheme recognises outstanding and significant
contributions that individuals make as a member of an emergency service
or affiliated organisation.
The AIES National Award Scheme consists of the:
The AIES National Medal for Excellence and associated awards are made
for individual contributions in the field of:
National Medal For Excellence
- AIES Award for Excellence
- AIES Commendation and,
- AIES Certificate of Achievement
- Support and,
The AIES National Medal for Excellence is the highest
Award issued by the AIES.
The 2012 AIES National Medal for Excellence was awarded to Deputy
Commissioner Ian Stewart APM, Queensland Police Service.
The AIES congratulates everyone
nominated for their exceptional contribution to their organisations and
the community we serve.
Photo: Deputy Commissioner Stewart (right) and AIES National Registrar Mr Bob Maul LFAIES.
and Award Conditions
- AIES Awards are managed under the AIES Honours and
- Nominations can be made by an individual or an
- AIES Award/s will be issued no more than once
- AIES Award/s will not be issued if a suitable person
meeting the award criteria cannot be identified.
- AIES members and non-members are eligible to be
nominated for an Award.
- Members, retained or volunteer, of an emergency
service or other associated organisations are eligible to be nominated
for an award.
- Nominations must be submitted on the Award Nomination Form.
- Each nomination must provide evidence of the
contribution made by the nominee including details of the significance
to the Emergency Service and/or the community. Additional documentation
should be attached where necessary. Due to the difference in each of
the areas in which the award is made it is not possible to quantify the
type of information required to support a nomination. It is a matter
for the person or organisation making the nomination to determine what
they consider to be appropriate supporting information however,
nominations should include only sufficient information, and any
documentation considered necessary, to support the nomination and
provide evidence of why the contribution of the person or persons
nominated is considered to be outstanding and/or the significance to
the community or the aims and/or functions of the particular emergency
service. Nominations that do not meet the required standard will be
returned and will not be considered.
- The General Council of the AIES will determine the
level of award to be issued for each nomination.
- Completed nomination forms are to be received by the
Registrar of the Division of the Institute in which the nominee works
or resides prior to the 31st December each year.
- The General Council of the AIES reserves the right to
determine the relevant award criteria and number of awards to be issued
in any one year.
- All decisions of the General Council are final and no
correspondence will be entered into.
Further information can be obtained from each Division
Registrar or the General
Registrar. Details are in the "Contact Us" page.